When you started your search for the perfect name to adorn your new pooch with, you may not have immediately thought of alcohol-related terms.
Sure, it may seem odd, but they’re also unique names that can be well suited for your new dog.
We’ve put together a list of alcoholic beverages, companies, and more from which you can find a great name.
Table of Contents
Picking the Right Alcohol-Inspired Dog Name
Picking the right name for your new dog can be an arduous task, but with our help, you can subvert that headache.
When it comes to alcohol-related names, it already inspires images of fun, friends, gatherings, and celebrations.
It’s always a good idea to pull from something you love. If you enjoy beer, we’ve got a ton of quality ideas, but we’ve also got the wine lovers covered.
Pull from personal experience or even a favorite cocktail as they can all help you find the perfect name.
I always recommend saying the names out loud. See how they roll off the tongue, how they sound to the ear, and if you’re lucky, how your new doggo perks up at the mention of it.
Don’t be afraid to try something new. Sometimes the best names come from the unlikeliest of places.
Alcohol-Inspired Dog Names from Pop Culture
Finding inspiration in the world of pop culture is nothing new, and it’s also not a bad idea.
When it comes to alcohol-inspired names, we have names inspired by alcohol, alcohol inspired by actual names, and even dogs on Instagram.
Famous Alcohol-Related Names:
- Charlie Chaplin – A famous actor in the silent era of cinema and the name of a gin and brandy cocktail.
- Hooch – After the dog from the film Turner & Hooch.
- John Daly – A famous golfer who popularized the vodka spiked version of the Arnold Palmer, which is now a cocktail named for him.
- Shirley Temple – A mixed drink named after the famous child star.
- Tomb Raider – A vodka and rum-based mixed drink inspired by the video game of the same name.
Alcohol-Inspired Dogs on Instagram:
- Boozer the Shar-Pei Mix
- Budweiser the Shih Tzu
- Carter the Craft Beer Dog – He doesn’t drink them, but he sure loves to pose with them.
- Chablis the American Staffordshire Terrier
- Cognac the Chihuahua
The Best Alcohol-Inspired Dog Names
We’ve compiled various names to help your search, including beer, wine, liquor, and even cocktail-based names.
Dog Names Inspired by Beers & Breweries
- Blue Moon
- Dos Equis
- Natty – The nickname for Natural Light beer.
- Pale Ale
- Samuel Adams
- Shock Top
Dog Names Inspired by Wine & Wineries
Dog Names Inspired by Liquor
- Captain Morgan
- Jack Daniels
- Jim Beam
- Johnnie Walker
- Jose Cuervo
Dog Names Inspired by Popular Cocktails & Mixed Drinks
- Fuzzy Navel
- Harvey Wallbanger
- Irish Coffee
- Lemon Drop
- Mai Tai
- Old Fashioned
- Pink Lady
- Rob Roy
- Tequila Sunrise
- Tom Collins
- Whiskey Sour
Booze Related Dog Names
More Alcohol-Inspired by Dog Names
- Half Pint
The Best Male & Female Alcohol-Inspired Dog Names
We’ve also got great suggestions for alcohol-related names that are perfect for female and male dogs.
Alcohol-Inspired Female Dog Names
- Alba – After the vineyard and winery.
- Amber – After the color of some beer and liquor.
- Barbie – After the pink Barbie cocktails.
- Blondie – Like a blonde ale.
- Bubbles – Like nice bubbly champagne.
- Deedee – A play on the term designated driver.
- Genny – Short for Genesee, a brewing company.
- Ginger – Like a nice ginger beer.
- Lush – Meaning a heavy drinker.
- Mary – Like a Bloody Mary.
- Milly – A variation of Miller.
- Morgan – Like Captain Morgan.
- Nebbiolo – A variety of grape.
- Peach – Like a fine Peach Schnapps.
- Saison – A style of beer.
- Seven – If you’re a fan of a 7 & 7.
- Shine – Short for moonshine.
- Shiraz – A variety of grapes used for red wines.
- Syrah – Another name for Shiraz grapes.
- Tannin – Provides texture and mouthfeel to wine.
- Vesper – Like a vesper martini.
- Virgin – As in a virgin cocktail or a cocktail without alcohol.
Alcohol-Inspired Male Dog Names
- Bacchus – The God of wine.
- Barley – Used in distilling spirits.
- Blackout – As in blackout drunk.
- Blotto – Means “extremely drunk.”
- Chaser – In reference to chasing a shot.
- Dionysus – Another name for Bacchus, the God of wine.
- Goose – Like Goose Island Brewery.
- Growler – A large jug that beer is sometimes sold in.
- Hammer – After various mixed drinks like the Hawaiian Hammer or the Velvet Hammer.
- Jager – Short for Jagermeister.
- JD – Short for Jack Daniels.
- Jose – Like Jose Cuervo.
- Mugsy – Like a nice mug of ale.
- Pabst – Like Pabst Blue Ribbon.
- Pimm – Like a Pimm’s Cup.
- Shooter – Like a jello shooter.
- Sommelier – A wine steward.
- Spike – As in a spiked drink.
- Sutter – Like Sutter Home Wines.
- Tallboy – After the large cans of beer.
- Toddy – After a hot toddy.
- Vin – After the French term “vin d’alcool,” which means “spirit wine.”
- Walker – Like Johnnie Walker.
Dog Names Inspired by Other Drinks
To provide the best names possible, we also included names inspired by other beverages like coffee, tea, and carbonated drinks.
Dog Names Inspired by Coffee
Dog Names Inspired by Tea
- Earl Grey
Dog Names Inspired by Carbonated Drinks
- Mr. Pibb
Dog Names Inspired by Other Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Fruit Punch
- Sweet Tea
- Swiss Miss
What alcohol-inspired name should I give my dog?
The factors you weigh in your own mind, or even how your dog reacts, can answer this question for you.
When you find the name that suits their personality or look, or maybe when you find the name that meshes with something you love, you’ll know. When the feeling is right, the name will delight.
If you’re still searching for unique ideas, try Purina’s Dog Name Generator. It will suggest names based upon the information you provide about your pup.
Don’t forget to check out our other superb articles and lists of great dog names.
Further reading: Other dog names
- Badass Dog Names
- Food Names for Dogs
- Tough Dog Names
- Country Dog Names
- Native American Dog Names