Have you just brought a fluffy, white doggo home who needs a name? Have you been debating over what name best suits your new pup?
Should their name accentuate their fluff, or maybe their strong personality is calling out to you?
Lucky for you, we’ve got a big selection of excellent white dog names from which to choose. Let’s find the right name for your new best friend.
Table of Contents
White Dog Breeds
Many dog breeds offer a beautiful white coat that is suited for a comparable name. Breeds of elegance and beauty that deserve a name befitting their stoic presence.
But what are some breeds that have prominently white coats? Well, we’re here to help.
White Dog Breeds: Some of these breeds can feature other colors, but a white coat is very prominent.
- West Highland White Terrier
- Bichon Frise
- Bull Terrier
- Great Pyrenees
- American Eskimo Dog
- Japanese Spitz
- Maremma Sheepdog
- Standard Poodle
- Bedlington Terrier
If you’re interested in knowing more, check out the video on white dog breeds.
What is a good name for a white dog?
When it comes to choosing the right name, you’ll want one that best fits your dog’s look or personality. Snowball may be an excellent name for a Pomeranian, but it might not work as well if your dog is a Great Pyrenees.
You want to pick a name that expresses who they are to the world, and there are a few things to contemplate during the naming process.
First, you’ll likely want to choose a name that resembles your pup, be it in size, behavior, or coat. Puns can also be a fun way to name your pet, and this works well if you’re initially thinking of a longer name.
Many dog owners tend to avoid human names, which is fine, but you don’t have to rule them out if they suit your pooch. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the name to try and find the perfect fit.
If you’re feeling stumped, we have plenty of options below, but you could also try Purina’s Dog Name Generator. You can choose multiple details, including personality and coat color, to narrow your search for suggestions.
Famous Names That Could Fit White Dogs
Do you have your eyes set on a famous name or character? Many characters from various pop culture mediums have names that could work for your four-legged friend.
Some of the names we’ve listed are from characters that are white dogs, but others are just fun names from pop culture.
- Albus – From Harry Potter
- Baymax – From Big Hero 6
- Bella – From Twilight
- Blondie – A rock band and an unrelated comic
- Bolt – From the Disney film Bolt
- Buddy – From Air Bud
- Buffy – From Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Casper – The friendly ghost!
- Domino – From X-Men comics
- Dumbledore – From Harry Potter
- Elsa – From Frozen
- Ewok – From Star Wars
- Frodo – From The Lord of the Rings
- Frosty – The Snowman!
- Gandalf – From The Lord of the Rings
- Hermione – From Harry Potter
- Hobbit – From The Lord of the Rings
- Jabba – From Star Wars
- Jack Frost – From the horror film or the family film of the same name. Your choice!
- Jon Snow – From Game of Thrones
- Keanu – Because everyone loves Keanu Reeves!
- Khaleesi – From Game of Thrones
- Olaf – From Frozen
- Peabody – From Mr. Peabody and Sherman
- Perdita – From the Disney film 101 Dalmatians
- Pongo – From the Disney film 101 Dalmatians
- Raiden – From Mortal Kombat
- Shadowfax – A white horse from The Lord of the Rings
- Snoopy – From Peanuts
- Snow White – From the Disney film
- Thor – From Marvel Comics and Films (also Norse Mythology)
- Vulcan – From Star Trek
- Yoshi – From the Mario video games
- Zero – From A Nightmare Before Christmas
You may enjoy fantastical names from famous characters and creatures in mythology. Well, we have you covered on that too.
- Ahti – Finnish God of the Ocean
- Apollo – Greek God of Prophecy
- Ares – Greek God of War
- Ariadne – From Greek Mythology
- Artemis – Greek Goddess
- Athena – Greek Goddess
- Beowulf – From the epic poem
- Calliope – From Greek Mythology
- Calypso – From Greek Mythology
- Cassiopeia – Queen in Greek Mythology
- Europa – From Greek Mythology
- Freya – Norse Goddess of Love
- Hermes – The messenger of the Greek gods
- Indra – Hindu Warrior God
- Juno – From Roman Mythology
- Nala – From the Hindu epic, the Mahabharata
- Pixie – A mischievous fairy
- Priya – From a Hindu legend
- Suijin – From Japanese Mythology
- Valkyrie – Female warriors in Norse mythology
- Zephyr – From Greek Mythology
- Zeus – Greek God
Finding a meaningful name in something you love is always amazing, so think hard and choose wisely, but feel free to check out our other names below.
The Best White Dog Names
Below you will find numerous names split amongst categories that could suit you and your white puppy. We’ve got names for male and female dogs, cute dogs, tough dogs, big dogs, small dogs, and even black and white dogs.
Whether it’s a cute name for your Pomeranian, a name from a white flower for your Poodle, or a tough name for your Husky, we’ve got plenty.
The Word “White” in Other Languages
Some people enjoy using the term white, but from another language. People with strong connections to other countries and languages may appreciate furthering that connection through their companion’s name.
We’ve found a few names that mean white and could suit your dog.
- Bajda from Maltese
- Balta from Lithuanian
- Beyaz from Turkish
- Bialy from Polish
- Bianco/Bianca from Italian
- Biancu from Corsican
- Bijela from Croatian
- Blanc/Blanche from French
- Blanco/Blanca from Spanish
- Blancu from Asturian
- Blank from Afrikaans
- Branco/Branca from Portuguese
- Chia from Crow
- Gwenn from Breton
- Gwynn from Cornish
- Moroti from Guarani
- Pihnka from Miskito
- Shiro from Japanese
- Weiss from German
- Zuri from Bask
People Names for White Dogs
Sometimes a name typically associated with humans can also be the perfect name for your fluffy white dog. Some people like to avoid human names for their dogs, but when it’s right, it’s right.
- Allegra – means “joyful” or “happy.”
- Arianna – a Welsh name meaning Silver
- Ava – a variant of the name Eve
- Bailey – Old English meaning “berry clearing” or “bailiff.”
- Ben – From Hebrew origin, meaning “son of.”
- Benny – means “son of the right hand” in Hebrew.
- Bernard – means “brave as a bear.”
- Blake – means “fair-haired.”
- Chloe – Greek for “blooming” or “fertility.”
- Clara – means “clear” or “bright.”
- Dawn – means “daybreak.”
- Elle – French for “she.”
- Eudora – Greek for “generous gift.”
- Fenton – Old English for “settlement of the marsh.”
- Freddie – means “elf” or “magical council,” depending.
- Fiona – means “white” or “fair” in Gaelic.
- Jonah – means “dove” in Hebrew.
- Maya – means “water.”
- Mia – means “bright” or “friendly.”
- Milo – means “soldier” or “merciful.”
- Molly – means “wished-for child.”
- Noah – means “rest” or “comfort.”
- Otis – means “wealth.”
- Pablo – means “small” or “humble.”
- Penelope – means “weaver.”
- Pippa – means “lover of horses.”
- Quincy – means “estate of the fifth sun.”
- Riley – means “valiant” or “wood clearing.”
- Robin – means “fame-bright.”
- Sebastian – means “from Sebastia.”
- Stella – means “star.”
- Walter – means “powerful army.”
- Wesley – essentially translates to “a field in the west.”
- Winston – means “joyful stone.”
- Wren – means “small bird.”
Female White Dog Names with Meanings
Here are some excellent choices for female dogs that can give your young pup a leg up.
- Adah – means “adornment.”
- Alba – means “sunrise” or “dawn.”
- Autumn – means “fall.”
- Charmin – means “delight.”
- Clear – means “transparent.”
- Darcey – means “dark” (an ironic name for a white dog).
- Delilah – means “delicate.”
- Dolly – means “gift of God.”
- Fairy – “a small, magical being.”
- Gidget – means “small girl.”
- Gracie – means “favor” or “blessing.”
- Harper – occupational name meaning “player of the harp.”
- Hattie – means “home-ruler.”
- Joy – means “happiness” or “joyful.”
- Lacey – Old French name “from Lacy.”
- Lady – was initially used to signify “the female head of household.”
- Lizzie – from Elizabeth and means “oath of God” or “God is satisfaction.”
- Lupita – means “from the river of the wolf.”
- Mija – pronounced Mi-ha, and it’s Spanish for “my daughter.”
- Miran – means “worthy of admiration.”
- Noelle – means “Christmas.”
- Princess – means “royal daughter.”
- Queenie – means “woman” or “royal leader.”
- Roxy – means “dawn.”
- Sierra – means “saw” or “mountain range.”
- Tallulah – means “leaping water.”
- Tilly – means “mighty in battle.”
Male White Dog Names with Meanings
We’ve also got plenty of terrific suggestions for male dogs too!
- Alfie – means “elf” or “magical council.”
- Bandit – means “thief.”
- Bo – means “to live.”
- Bones – can be part of the skeletal structure, or it can mean “good.”
- Chico – means “small boy” in Spanish.
- Cringle – from the name Kris Kringle, which is associated with Christmas
- Duke – means “the leader.”
- Fergus – means “man-strength” or “virility.”
- Finn – means “fair.”
- Flash – means “bright light.”
- Hugo – means “mind” or “spirit.”
- Jasper – means “treasurer.
- Ludo – means “loud” or “famous.”
- Max – means “greatest.”
- Prince – means “royal son.”
- Remo – means “the strong one.”
- Remus – means “advice” or “counsel.”
- Romulus – means “citizen of Rome.”
- Roscoe – means “doe wood.”
- Scout – means “to listen.”
- Wilbur – means “resolute” or “brilliant.”
White Dog Names Based on Size
Are you interested in a name that fits the size of your dog? Here we’ve collected names for small dogs, fluffy dogs, and tough dogs that might just be perfect.
Small White Dog Names
Maybe you’ve got a Miniature Poodle or a tiny Pomeranian at home? Well, we’ve got plenty of names for the little bundle of joy.
- Acorn – the small fruit of the Oak Tree
- Carlin – Irish name meaning “little champion.”
- Dinky – means “small.”
- Dobby – a mechanism on a loom or a Harry Potter character
- Doodle – an absentminded scribble or the nickname for a Poodle dog
- Elf – a supernatural creature or one of Santa’s helpers
- Pip – a small fruit seed
- Pixel – the smallest controllable element of a picture monitor
- Ryan – Irish name meaning “little king.”
- Scrappy – means determined or pugnacious.
- Smidge – a scarcely detectable amount
- Sprite – a mythical spirit
- Thumbelina – means “a small human the size of a thumb.”
- Tic Tac – a steadily recurring ticking or a breath freshener
- Tinkerbell – A character from Peter Pan
- Toto – means “a young one,” or if you’re a Wizard of Oz fan.
- Usha – French for “little bear.”
White Fluffy Dog Names
How fluffy is your four-legged friend? Can I interest you in some excellent names for your furry fido?
- Teddy – means “wealthy protector,” or like a Teddy Bear.
Tough White Dog Names
Is your white dog a big boy? Maybe they have a tough demeanor? No need to fret, though, as we have you covered on that front too!
- Ace – one who excels at a particular activity
- Adonis – a very handsome young man
- Amos – means “to carry a heavy load or burden.”
- Axel – means “father is peace.”
- Bluto – a large, muscular man
- Brutus – means “heavy” or “dull.”
- Denali – means “the great one.”
- Mammoth – means “huge.”
- Rex – means “the reigning king.”
- Titus – means “title of honor.”
White Dog Names Inspired by Faith
There are millions of people with a strong faith in this world, and we’ve got a few faith-based names that could be perfect.
- Abram – means “high father.”
- Angel – a messenger of God
- Anjo – Angel in Portuguese
- Asher – means “blessed.”
- Celeste – means “heavenly” or “celestial.”
- Eden – As in the Garden of Eden from the book of Genesis
- Elijah – means “my God is Yahweh.”
- Eve – the giver of life
- Ezekiel – means “God will strengthen.”
- Grace – a simple elegance or “a divine grace” as if from God
- Halo – a circle of light surrounding the head of a holy person
- Hans – means “God is gracious.”
- Jackson – means “God has been gracious.”
- Jerry – means “may Jehovah exalt.”
- Toby – means “God is good.”
- Zebedee – means “gift of God.”
White Dog Names Inspired by Astronomical Phenomena
Have you ever looked to the stars in search of answers? Well, maybe they hold the best solution for you now.
- Aurora – From Aurora Borealis
- Comet – a celestial object flying through space
- Luna – means moon
- Milky Way – From the name of our galaxy, the Milky Way Galaxy
- Nova – a newly visible star or nebula
- Nebula – a giant cloud of dust and gas in space
- Neptune – the name of a planet and the Roman God of the sea
- Orion – a constellation
- Pluto – a planet
- Scorpio – a constellation
- Sirius – The brightest star in the sky known as the dog star
White Dog Names Inspired by Nature
Do you pride yourself on being a nature lover? Well, we’ve gathered up some great names inspired by the world around us just for you!
White Dog Names with a Weather-Related Theme
Here you’ll find some excellent names that stem from weather and related phenomena.
- Igloo – An Eskimo dwelling made of ice
- Inverno – Italian for “winter.”
- Nimbus – A type of cloud
- Nix – Latin for “snow.”
- Schnee – German for “snow.”
- Yuki – Snow in Japanese
White Dog Names Inspired by Flowers, Plants, and Trees
There is nothing wrong with the beauty of a plant or flower to inspire the name of a beloved doggo.
- Flora – means plants of a particular region or period.
- Jicama – A plant in the pea family
- Kamala – means lotus in Sanskrit.
- Peony – a shrubbery plant with showy flowers
- Periwinkle – an ornamental and medicinal plant
- Snowbell – a tree with fragrant, hanging white flowers
White Dog Names Inspired by Rocks, Gems, and Minerals
Given that dogs are treasured gems in our own life, the name of one may just be the right choice.
- Citrine – a transparent, yellow quartz
- Emerald – while they are green, they are also symbols of truth and love.
- Howlite – a white stone that represents the spiritual qualities of stillness and tenderness
- Moonstone – a feldspar with a pearly sheen
- Opal – means “precious stone” in Sanskrit while being a gem of its own
- Sapphire – while technically a blue gem, it could be perfect for a pup with blue eyes.
White Dog Names Inspired by Places
Are you a traveler? Or maybe you simply want to commemorate your favorite place? Either way, we’ve got places and landmarks from around the world that could be perfect.
- Aspen – a town in Colorado
- Barrow – a town in Alaska
- Fargo – a town in North Dakota
White Dog Names Inspired by Food
Are you a foodie? Giving your dog a name based on food is often cute and appropriate.
- Kezia – Hebrew for cinnamon
- Lamb Chop
- Sokeri – Finnish for “sugar.”
White Dog Names Inspired by Beverages
Continuing down the food path, we’ve also got names based on beverages. Did you know that a lot of white wine names could work well for a white dog?
White Dog Names Inspired by Toys and Household Objects
I understand your hesitation here. Should I name my dog after a household object or toy? Well, yes. They can absolutely work!
- Pez – Everyone’s had at least one Pez dispenser, right?
- Pog – Anyone else remembers Pogs?
- Tonka – Tonka trucks are popular kids toys
Cool Names for White Dogs
Here are a few cool names that you may not have considered, but they can be well suited.
- Koda – a Native American term meaning “friend.”
- Lycan – means “werewolf.”
- Lykos – means “wolf” in Greek.
- Reva – means “one that moves” in Sanskrit.
Cute White Dog Names
Do you have a cutie patootie at home in need of a matching name? We’ve got those too!
- Albie – Old English meaning “brilliant.”
Funny White Dog Names
How’s your sense of humor? Nothing wrong with having some fun in naming your dog.
- Al Bino – a play on albino
- Allie Baster – a play on alabaster
- Beluga – like the whale
- Ice Cube
- Mary Puppins – a play on Mary Poppins
- Mothra – a monster in Godzilla movies
- Winnie the Poodle – perfect for a Poodle
Fun White Dog Nicknames
Does your little buddy need a nickname? We’ve put some thought into those just for you.
- Beanie – could also be short for Jellybean.
- Ice Ice Baby
- Mr. Snow
- Polar Bear
- Powder Puff
- White Claw
- White Walker
- White Wolf
Fancy White Dog Names
There’s nothing wrong with giving your dog a sense of nobility. Embrace it with some of these names.
- Alabaster – a finely textured gypsum
- Chantilly – a delicate silk
- Haiku – a specific type of Japanese poem
- Lakshmi – means “lucky omen” in Sanskrit.
- Lumiere – French for light
- Papillon – French for butterfly
- Percy – of French origin, meaning “Pierce Valley.”
- Tahani – Arabic name meaning “best wishes.”
Unique White Dog Names
Are you looking for something unique and out of the box? Maybe these names can help.
- Egret – a white bird
- Rosalba – a white rose
- Yoko – can mean “ocean,” “sun,” or “child” in Japanese.
What should I name my white dog?
Only you can be the final judge when it comes to naming your fluffy white pup, but with some time and thought put forth, you can find the perfect name.
Hopefully, these suggestions have helped you on your journey, and your white dog’s name is bringing a smile to their face and yours.